Saturday, July 28, 2012

Les Chic, Les Chien (Week Five)


Each week, I review one hundred looks, half of which induce the phonetic uh-mey-zing and half of which induce more violent vomit than the night Jake chose Vienna. With this series (translation: the cool, the rotten), you will ascertain, via my eyes, why an ensemble should spend an evening as your apparel or why an ensemble should spend an evening inside a nondescript box whose ultimate destination is the Salvation Army.

Jessica Alba will always hold a special place in my heart. The girl can do no wrong. She looks hot in sweat pants for christ sake. I seriously have to admit that she may be the best dressed in Hollywood. I adore her navy blue blazer which goes perfectly with her navy, pink and yellow striped skirt. Her white tank top underneath is the perfect hue, adding a crisp and fresh taste. She accompanies the put together look with blue wedges, a yellow handbag and sassy high ponytail. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. 


I have always admired Selena Gomez for the courage and strength it has taken her to continue to be a young, modest celebrity. She has always been very appropriate and put together but also never afraid to have fun and be spunky. This personal choice in fashion has me stumped though. I realize it is the "cool" thing now to wear the low cut side shirts and expose a bandeau or bra. But, for some reason this particular outfit steers me in the wrong direction. While her bra is adorbs and I seriously want it, I can't help but think she has been dropped in a southern, hick town and tossed in a pig pen. This look has hot mess written all over it.