Friday, August 10, 2012

Les Chic, Les Chien (Week Seven)


Each week, I review one hundred looks, half of which induce the phonetic uh-mey-zing and half of which induce more violent vomit than the night Jake chose Vienna. With this series (translation: the cool, the rotten), you will ascertain, via my eyes, why an ensemble should spend an evening as your apparel or why an ensemble should spend an evening inside a nondescript box whose ultimate destination is the Salvation Army.

All I can think of when I see Cameron Diaz rock this supreme ensemble is Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight." I swear I am straight. But seriously, look how amazing she looks. Not only does she have one of the best bodies in Hollywood, she will be 40 on August 30 (yeah, I know! Unreal.) I love the bright and simple red orange top she sports while supplying a touch of spunk with her printed skirt. She accompanies the luxurious look with a striking yellow shoulder bag, hoop earrings and a modern bun. As Cameron's character in What Happens In Vegas replies to in response to Jack Fuller's "How hard can it be?" Joy McNally replies "I know how hard it isn't." This is exactly what her outfit speaks. Way to go Diaz!

Our sweet Pretty Little Liar star, Ashley Benson, has seriously been a disappointment these days. She got worst dressed in my "Immaculate and Unsuitable" Teen Choice Award post, and she totally gets this weeks "les chien" look. I don't favor her flat bill sports hat that she mingles with her rock 'n' roll top, skinny jeans and Tom shoes. It totally throws me off and whoever honestly thought it was okay to mix sports and rock 'n' roll was seriously disturbed. I think she should consider taking some advice from her Pretty Little Liars character Hanna Martin, because honestly, she really needs it. I can only imagine what Hanna would have to say about this. Ew!