Thursday, June 28, 2012

So Hot She'll Melt Your Popsicle

Former Real Housewife of Orange County, Peggy Tanous was generous enough to allow me the opportunity to interview her about life in the OC. She explicates how she continues to cope with her depression, why she decided to join the Real Housewives franchise and what she learned from it, her family's new wine company and of course all you need to know about OC style!

 

What aspects of your style have you incorporated within your children’s wardrobe?

To dress comfortable! Casual but chic. 
What aspects of your style do you hope they incorporate as they age?
 To dress how they want and not how their friends or society want them to dress. I also hope they will know their is a time and place for everything and you can never go wrong with simple and classic looks.
How much do you influence your husband’s style?
Not at all. Lol. If anything he influences mine! He is definitely the style guru in our family. He has taught me what a difference good tailoring does for any outfit. Even down to tailoring his jeans.
How did having five girls in your family develop your style?
I don't think it did because we are all so different. Growing up part time in Southern Utah brought out my casual and practical side where OC brought out the glam.
How can someone be as active within sports as you are and avoid being labeled a “Tom Boy?”
 I love sports but am still such a girly girl. And I incorporate my glam into my sports! For instance, my ski outfit is white with lots of fur. Even my gloves have fur! My bike helmet is pink and I wear blinged out workout attire.
How do you incorporate your hip-hop\R&B music preference into your style?
I don't think I do unless I'm going to a concert and will dress the part according to the artist performing.  
What is acceptable hip-hop\R&B style for a housewife?
Wearing black. 
What is your opinion of the evolution of the fashion edginess of the Real Housewives of Orange County?
 I don't know if I consider the RHOC fashion as edgy. I think it's just part glam and part beach casual which is how the OC really is!!
Why did you join the Real Housewives franchise?
I joined the show to give me a fun outlet from just being a mommy that didn't take up too much of my time or take me away from my family much and I joined the show to start up my hosting career again, as I took about 4 years off to have my girls. 
How have you continued dealing with your depression since leaving the show?
Taking my natural supplements I sell on www.peggytanous.com and staying active! 
What is your typical ensemble for a wine tasting?
Depends in my mood, but the last one we had I wore a black jumpsuit with silver blinged out heels! Sometimes I'll wear a dress or do the jeans and sexy top look. Time of year is put into account as well. Winter I wear more pants because I'm always cold. 
What did you learn from your Real Housewives of Orange County participation?
The ladies are very competitive and the show itself is not scripted but a lot of the scenes are set up. I also learned to not take anything too serious or get upset by things. A lot of people act or say things just for the cameras.
Can you share with my readers more information concerning Monarchy Wines?
It is the wine company my husband started and we are buying grapes from all over CA and coming up with the best varietals. Our white blend should be out by May and we are still perfecting our red! We love wine and got married at a winery, so it's always been a big part of our life together. 
How important is style versus utility when you consider sports apparel?
 Depends on the sport, but typically I say style is more important because if you look good people won't notice as much if your horrible at the sport!!


Below are some of Peggy's most fabulous looks throughout her life as an OC Housewife.
Peggy, looking sophisticated and fun in an LBD with magnificent detail, poses with her fashion forward hubby Micah, who dons in a great white dress shirt and suit coat.


At a Bravo event, Peggy looks ultra glam and spunky in this colorful leopard printed dress and strappy sandals.


The sweet and stylish Tanous family poses for a gorge photo. (From left to right: Capri, Micah, Peggy and London)